Title: YOUth against radicalization
Dates: 1- 8 August 2019
Place: Castellammare di Stabia, Italy
“Youth against radicalization” is a youth exchange involving young people from 5 countries: Italy, Bulgaria, Denmark, Spain and Romania from 16 to 24 years old who will meet in Castellammare di Stabia, Italy, from 1st to 8th August 2019. The need of the project lays on the fact that in last few years in Europe we observe increasing number of young people being drawn into extremist movements in their search for identity and a meaningful place in society. Profound feelings of injustice and frustration about their social exclusion are amongst the main root causes contributing to young people; vulnerability, and increase their willingness to adhere to extremist, sometimes violent groups, which offer an apparent social purpose to them. Moreover, the refugee crisis from the last few years in Europe increased the number of far-right extremists groups and nationalist parties, creating environment for instability of the European values of human rights, diversity, tolerance and solidarity. Here comes the role of non-formal education-as a tool to raise awareness, inform and encourage European values thus reducing the risk of radicalism.
– Raising awareness of the issue of extremism and radicalization of young people and the role of young people in preventing them;
– analyzing and realizing the key factors that can lead to the radicalization of young people such as discrimination, hate speech, xenophobia;
– understand and be aware of the role of social media as a channel for spreading the language of hate and extremist ideologies and promoting media literacy;
– promoting a positive attitude, acceptance and understanding of “other and different”, and in particular refugees and migrants;
– to help young people better understand what hate speech is and the link to extremism;
– raising awareness among young people about extremism as a serious problem, as well as the serious consequences of radicalization for European society;
– promoting the European values of democracy, respect for human rights, diversity, intercultural dialogue.
- Young people between 16-24 years old with no age limit for the leader
- Motivated to participate in the project
- They are NOT on European Voluntary Service (EVS) at the moment of the activity
Spain, Denmark, Italy, Romania and Bulgaria
Accommodation and travel costs:
Accommodation and food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for the duration of the activities will be covered by the receiving organization.
Each participant will have to contribute to the project with 30€ as a contribution fee which needs to be paid directly to the receiving organization in Italy. The fee will contribute for the higher quality of the project and cover the extra costs for the project such as local trips, cultural events, etc due to the high season in the implementation period.
If you are interested in and would like to take part in please fill the from here : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduhBmS5FXONO3QkCiLOLJMbSpc5SOT-8EbaLIc_vAZW1ulOg/viewform?c=0&w=1
Deadline: 26 May 2019