Title: VOLUNTEERS FOR PEACE
Dates: 15.07.2019 – 25.02.2020
Place: Santa Maria la Carità, Naples – ITALY
About receiving organization :
Active Youth for Europe is a non-profit organization working in the territory of Naples. The main aim is to encourage personal and professional development of young people through non formal education and also the building up and development of active citizenship among them. The organization is an alternative for young people in the region to realize their potential and become an active part of the society.
Active Youth for Europe is founded by people seeking the positive change for young people in Italy. For that reason the main target group is youngsters aged between 17 and 30 years old. We also aim at providing equal possibilities for youth with fewer opportunities. The association organizes information days and campaigns, cultural events, discussions and debates on different issues, etc. The organization is working with the aim to develop intercultural dialogue and understanding between young people from whole Europe crossing all the differences.
The coordinating organization, Active Youth for Europe (AYFE), will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is not located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 15 minutes to reach the office. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer of the same gender (room and connected expenses are paid by AYFE). They may also – if so wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
Food , pocket money and local transportation :
A monthly allowance of 170€ will be provided by AYFE to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
Each month the volunteer will receive 150€ as pocket money.
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30 , open minded, eager to learn about new cultures and lifestyles, as well as to participate in the project activities in the local community.
It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education , but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility,motivation and enthusiasm.
We encourage applications especially from youngsters available to commit to a long term experience of volunteer work abroad and willing to know more about the social and cultural work developed in a special community of Italy, Santa Maria la Carità and Castellamamare di Stabia. Any knowledge of Italian is a plus, however it is not requirement.
The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (which sometimes may not be Saturday or Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
Activities during the service:
– to help young people better understand what hate speech is, to understand the implications for society and to be able to distinguish it from freedom of speech;
– promote media literacy, safe and tolerant use of the Internet; – introduce young people to the “No Hate Speech Movement” of the Council of Europe;
– promote tolerance, mutual understanding and dialogue among young people; – to organize Peace Festival;
– support organization and implementation of parties and workshops: suggest and implement ESC volunteer’s own ideas for events, support the organization and logistics of parties and workshops for general public;
– support in researching and arranging itineraries for cultural visits, selecting and preparing the groups for departure and set up meetings for evaluation and exchange of contacts/photos and socialization;
– front office and back office work: reply to requests of information of general public, preparing press releases, etc.
All activities will be held in the office situated in the city center of Santa Maria la Carità or in Castellammare di Stabia.
If you are interested in and would like to take part in please send us :
- Motivation letter
On the following email: email@example.com with Subject [EVS- Italy]
Deadline: 5 June 2019