Dates: 10-18 July 2022
Place: Brussels, Belgium
About the project:
“Equality has no gender” (EHNG) is a mobility of youth workers, KA1 Training Course, under Erasmus+ and will be implemented by Association Universitaire Latino-Américaine (ASUL) with the support of Asociación EuropeYou. The training course will take place in Brussels, Belgium and it will involve 28 participants between 20-35 years old. The project is implemented by 7 organisations from 7 different countries (Belgium, Latvia, Italy, Germany, Bulgaria, Spain and Estonia) and financed by the European Commission through Erasmus+ programme.
The main aim of “Equality has no gender” is to increase the awareness of gender issues in youth work by providing youth workers practical and reflective skills in working with young people around gender equality. In this regard, the specific objectives of the project for youth workers are:
• To reflect on their understandings of sex and gender and to increase their comfort level with these issues.
• To discover the main international commitments initiatives to gender equality.
• To explore the causes and consequences of gender inequality.
• To increase awareness of female/male stereotypes and gender biases in them. To initiate a discussion about some of the consequences of gender stereotyping.
• To make youth workers reflect upon their own ideological and cultural background regarding gender role.
• To recognize and understand gender-based violence as a severe form of gender discrimination and to take action to help prevent violence against women.
• To discuss the role of youth workers to contribute to promoting the value of gender equality and building motivation of participants to act as gender equality advocates.
• To be able to prepare an action plan for implementing concrete activities to promote gender equality at local level.
All the activities foreseen in the training will come from the non-formal education field, in which learning comes by doing and by experiencing. This means that participants get involved in the activities in order to explore themselves and their possibilities on the given subject, to practice with real situations and to gain diverse experience. At the end of the training, all the acquired knowledge and methods will be transfer by youth workers inside their organisations and local community.
For the participants’ selection the following criteria will be taken into consideration:
• Over 18 years old
• Mix of existing and experienced youth workers but also youth workers who are new or newish to gender equality and gender issues.
• Interested to acquire new competences in the field of gender equality which is important for providing young people with equal opportunities and experience which enable them to develop the knowledge, skills and competencies to play a full part in all aspects of society.
• Ready to actively participate in the whole project (preparation, training course and follow-up);
• Experienced or interested in working with Erasmus+ programme;
Belgium, Latvia, Italy, Germany, Bulgaria, Spain and Estonia
Insurance, Travel and Finances:
Insurance: Health insurance is not provided and will not be reimbursed by the organizers. All participants are strongly advised to purchase private travel insurance or/and to have a valid EUROPEAN INSURANCE CARD.
Accomodation and food:
The participants will be accommodated in the Jacques Brel Youth Hostel. It is located in Rue de la Sablonnière 30, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, in the heart of Brussels! 15 minutes’ walk to the Grand-Place and 10 from the atmosphere of Place Saint-Géry and Place Sainte-Catherine and the Dansaert district. During the project duration (10th – 18th July), participants will be offered free of charge, accommodation for 8 nights, 3 meals, materials, etc. Please note that you will be accommodated in four or six people rooms! Participants can get inside the hostel and make their check in starting from 2.30 pm on 10th of July, 2022.
There is no contribution fee for the project
If you are interested in and would like to take part in please fill the from here : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduhBmS5FXONO3QkCiLOLJMbSpc5SOT-8EbaLIc_vAZW1ulOg/viewform?c=0&w=1