Title: Digital Youth Work
Dates: 4-11 June 2021
Place: Bansko, Bulgaria
The training course Digital youth work will focus on understanding the digital youth work, digital education and online activism for NGOs concept and elements, presenting innovative tools that can be applied in daily youth work, sharing good practices from across Europe, boosting the skills and competences of the youth workers for using digital technologies for better and more quality volunteer management, online activism, online communication and for reaching out more young people, even from marginalized communities.
The overall aim of the project is to provide youth workers and NGOs with the adequate and up to date measures knowledge, skills, competences and experience in digital youth work in order to engage more effectively young people, even those who are marginalized.
-to provide deeper understanding of the concept of digital youth work
-to provide practical tools and increase the digital skills and knowledge for better volunteer management, online activism and online communication
-to strengthen the potential and capacity of the NGOs to better correspond to the nowadays needs of the young people
by integrating technology and digital tools into everyday youth work.
By implementing the project we expect to raise awareness among NGOs and youth workers about the importance of digital tools to reach out more youth in an easier, youth friendly and smarter way, which will also make youth work more efficient. The participants will be introduced to good practices of digital tools to help their daily work with youth-for volunteer management, communication with team members and volunteers, digital tools to online activism, for project management. By introducing the concept of digital youth work, good practices in the field, concrete digital tools as well as knowledge and information about digitalization we expect to invest in the capacity of the youth workers thus the NGOs involved which will reflect in the quality of the youth services they offer. By acquiring the knowledge, skills and competences in digital youth work, online activism and digital tools, the youth workers will become more efficient in their every day work with young people, will easily communicate, will be able to reach out more youth trough online tools, will become better in online activism. Moreover, this project can give an impulse for the NGOs involved to start transformation their youth services, to become more efficient and able to answer the needs of the modern youth accordingly.
- Youth workers/leaders over 18 years old, who Work regularly on the youth field/youth workers, youth leaders, NGO stuff, coordinators, trainers, facilitators, councilors.
- Have a communicative level of English;
- Are ready to commit time before, during and after the course through research, preparation before course through several tasks, full commitment during the course, and able to organize follow up activities;
- Are interested in developing digital competences to implement follow-up initiatives;
- Are open-minded to dialogue with other nationalities, including those having on-going conflicts
- Need and willingness to improve their digital skills and be ready to apply the knowledge and transfer it back to their sending NGOs.
- Have an understanding of international youth work;
- Have an awareness of learning environment characteristics (non-formal education); Are ready to commit to a long-term project and the implementation of follow-up activities;
- Are ready to commit time before, during and after the course through research, preparation before course through several tasks, full commitment during the course, and able to organise follow up activities
Bulgaria, Latvia, Italy, Romania, Estonia, Germany, Ukraine, Greece, Georgia and Armenia
If you are interested in and would like to take part in please fill the from here :
Deadline: 10 May 2021