Dates: 29 August – 07 September 2021
Place: Saulkrasti, Latvia
Due to the fact that Erasmus+ prioritisation focuses on youth workers, we came into idea of implementing the following TC with the goal of delivering knowledge to youth workers who come from organisations that work directly with young people on how to promote diversity, intercultural and inter-religious dialogue, media knowledge, critical thinking and youth initiative, and strengthens youth workers’ expertise and gives them methods for professional development, including digital youth work, as key priorities of Erasmus+ programme. To implement the objectives of the Erasmus+ programme, including “the promotion of European values in accordance with Article 2 of the Treaty on the European Union” , this will be done through non-formal learning environment and digital tools, such as internet, social media, photo and video art. One of the main priorities of our TC will be to promote Erasmus+ programme as an engine for great initiatives with visible results. We also want to motivate participants to learn how to create productive ideas and implement them in their community, to share values under objectives of Erasmus+ as well as how to highlight their initiatives using digital tools.
Goals and methods:
Thus we decided to organize TC for youth workers, working in different fields of social issues, but most important – directly working with marginalized youth, promoting diversity, intercultural and interreligious dialogue, fundamental values such as freedom, tolerance and respect for human rights. TC will help them promote their activities, disseminate the results in a more attractive way for millennials and as a result – to make positive changes in society, engage more active young people in their work and bring attention of a wider public to the social issues of their local communities. Some of the objectives of the project are:
– To create a platform of sharing and discussions between youth workers about promotional tools like: social media, photo, video, exhibitions, fairs, street actions etc. We will show participants in “live” format how to arrange and organise this tools;
– To highlight the role of digital skills as tool to fight youth unemployment;
– To develop basic digital skills using a creative approach towards the social media, art of photo and video activity by attending dynamic workshops and practical work.
Background of participants:
– Participants of the project are expected to be youth workers, youth leaders, people active in youth NGOs. Needs of participants:
– To learn new techniques based on methods of non-formal education, in order to be capable to achieve the goals of sending organizations;
– Desire to network and work with people from different backgrounds and countries.
– Willing to disseminate what will have acquired in the training;
– Ability to develop relevant trainings in their organization;
– To be passionate about the project idea.
Belgium, Poland, Latvia, Spain, Lithuania, Bulgaria
Venue: Hotel “Minhauzena Unda”. Participants will share gender-separate rooms. Each room of the venue provides bathroom (toilet, shower cabin). Participants will be provided with 3-times meals and a coffee break per day. A special menu will be prepared for vegetarians, vegans, etc. The venue provides bedsheets, towels and free WIFI. Please be aware that due to high amount of people WIFI signal can be unstable. For personal use please take a 4G backup, if needed. For more details, please visit its webpage or check it on Booking.com.
PLEASE READ THE FULL INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE OF THE GOVERNMENT OF LATVIA: HTTPS://WWW.MFA.GOV.LV/EN/CONSULAR- INFORMATION/NEWS/66019-EMERGENCY-SITUATION-IN- LATVIA-TO-RESTRICT-THE-SPREAD-OF-COVID-19 PLEASE NOTICE THAT EACH PARTICIPANT HAS TO ASSUME ITS OWN EXPENSES FOR COVID TESTS. PLEASE REMEMBER ABOUT TRAVEL INSURANCE WHICH COVERS COVID-19 RISKS.
Things to bring:
Valid passport for travel;
All required travel documents; Travel insurance which covers COVID-19 risks;
Negative PCR test;
Comfortable shoes or sneakers, outdoor suits & raincoats which can be needed during outdoor activities;
Photo / video equipment, laptop Group activities and new ideas are welcome;
Traditional food, drinks, music, dances, songs, etc;
Medicine you can need, etc.
The travel budget per Bulgarian participant is 275 euro.
If you are interested in and would like to take part in please fill the from here : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduhBmS5FXONO3QkCiLOLJMbSpc5SOT-8EbaLIc_vAZW1ulOg/viewform?c=0&w=1
As soon as possible