Dates: 20 -28June 2022
Place: Bansko, Bulgaria
About the project:
Youth exchange ART vs Cyberbullying is a response to growing hatred to people who are said to be different; – usually minority groups, people with other religions and cultures, skin color, ethnicity or other marginalized groups. In this context young people play e key role as being not only the future of Europe but its present. They are the ones who truly believe in European values and need to protect them now more than ever. But at the same time they are rather vulnerable-a lot of time they have low media literacy and lack of analytical skills thus can get easily manipulated by any anti-migrant and ultra nationalist political formations and groups promoting violence and justifying hatred and intolerance. In this context of lack of solidarity with refugees successful integration is almost an impossible mission which by itself is a threat to security in the EU. During the exchange, young people will have the opportunity to discuss key concepts such as freedom, justice, equality, human dignity, non-discrimination, democracy, tolerance, European values, rights, responsibilities, media and fake news, hate speech, hate crimes , extremism, violence, peace and solidarity. In addition, we also believe young people need to be aware of their own role in protecting human rights but also need to be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to tackle cyber bullying, hate speech and human rights violation. In order not to fight back hate speech with more hate and violence, the project will promote peaceful ways to engage youth and make them ambassadors of human rights.
The main objectives of the project proposal are:
– To raise awareness among young people about hate speech and cyberbullying as human rights violation
– to inform participants of ways to combat cyberbullying and hate speech in a non violent manner and to provide ways and channels for reporting it online
– promoting media literacy, analytical and critical thinking
– to present art and, in particular, graffiti and storytelling as an effective non violent way to Stand up for human rights
– Stimulate the civic participation of young people by encouraging them to be active in the field of human rights protection trough art
‣ From 16 to 30 years old;
‣ young people from rural areas;
‣ young people who have never participated in Erasmus+ mobility or have less experience;
‣ young people motivated to acquire new knowledge and skills;
‣ Young people motivated to learn more about project topic.
Bulgaria, Italy, Romania, Spain and Turkey
Insurance, Travel and Finances:
Insurance: Health insurance is not provided and will not be reimbursed by the organizers. All participants are strongly advised to purchase private travel insurance or/and to have a valid EUROPEAN INSURANCE CARD.
Accomodation and food:
Accomodation and food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for the duration of the activities will be covered by the receiving organzation Alternativi International. All participants will be accomodated in Royal Bansko aparthotel , located in Bansko Bulgaria at the follwoing address: ul. “Kosherinata” 2770, Bansko, Bulgaria
There is no contribution fee for the project
If you are interested in and would like to take part in please fill the from here : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduhBmS5FXONO3QkCiLOLJMbSpc5SOT-8EbaLIc_vAZW1ulOg/viewform?c=0&w=1