Title: The Power of Immaterial Heritage for Rural and Sustainable Development
Dates: 7 April 15 April 2020
Place: Pervolia, Larnaca, Cyprus
The aim of our NGO is to create a Training Course that through its completion will be able to influence a change of the current realities on its basic axons and provide tools to its participants that will support further inner-investigation and work with the communities. The activity will revolve around the basic axons of Culture, Tradition, Heritage, Immaterial Heritage, Folklore, Cultural Preservation, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship, Rural Areas Support and Development and Tourism.
We have noticed a great potential to bridge traditions, culture, social activities with the new possibilities that digital communication and collaborative economies offer to provide means for youth and social organizations through their activities to build responsible and sustainable products and services based on a different awareness of authenticity and value of local communities.
The project will be brought to life through Non-Formal Education Techniques, a hands-on approach, get off the building methods and interactive methods of learning and debating. Our techniques are built so that they eliminate boredom and boost creativity.
Throughout the activities of the project, we want to create an interconnected affection between the needs of the project and the learning goals that we have set in order to create on the next level measurable results with a direct impact to the participants and their communities. Some of the goals of the project are attached below:
1) To create an environment of intercultural understanding and appreciation for the world heritage monuments, cultures and traditions that will be based on awareness and sensitivity.
2) To raise awareness about the importance of history as a guide for the future.
3) To examine the possibilities around rural areas, bringing people back to their roots, cultural tourism and the involvement of traditions and heritage to the services and products offered by each country.
4) To develop and get acquainted with the power of innovation and the importance of sustainability through hack-education and Social Entrepreneurship techniques for the preservation and exploitation of the specialty of each destination.
5) To embrace the uniqueness of the project location, Lefkara, as a village with a rich culture and heritage and a paradigm of a rural area in order to create models that will be suitable for the most rural areas around Europe and its people. Through the project, we will organise study visits, discuss with locals and take advice from experts in order to create innovative products in the tourism and hospitality area through social and green entrepreneurship, while ensuring the preservation and sustainability of these sources. We will be looking to create universally applicable solutions for the cultural showcase, cultural preservation, and sustainable tourism. Our ideas and outcomes will be shared with local stakeholders and our partners in order to share them and to impel communities to embrace them.
The project will take place at the picturesque village of Lefkara. It will begin on the 7 th of April 2020 ( arrivals, day 0 ) and finish at the 15th of April 2020 ( departures, day 9) Lefkara is where the Cypriot folk needlecraft art is born – the famous “lefkaritiko” – which the reputation of has gone beyond the frontiers of Cyprus and has become known in most of the European countries but not only there.
Lefkara owes its welfare and prosperity as always spotted to this needlecraft art and to its trade launched in the late 19th century, flourishing during the 20th century first thirty years.
The village is situated at the foot of the Troodos Mountains in the south eastern region, 650m above sea level, 45 km from Nicosia, 30 km from the Larnaca airport and just 12 km from the Nicosia – Limassol highway.It is not far from the sea, yet, it is located high enough for the moist air coming in from the sea to get dry by the time it reaches the village.
Therefore, Lefkara becomes an excellent destination during summertime because of the relatively low humidity from April to October and also the mild temperatures in the region.Lefkarais considered as one of the most beautiful villages of the island that attracts world-around attention and it is well known for its folklore, tradition, picturesque streets and hospitable locals.
Our venue will be the newly built Lefkara Conference Hall, which is equipped with all the necessary pieces of technology and comforts. We will be one of the first visitors of the center and we are very glad to have the help and cooperation of the municipality throughout the project. Accommodation houses will not be further that 3 minutes walking distance from the venue and participants will stay in traditional houses with a modern, refurbished interior for the most authentical Cyprus hospitality experience. The food that will be served will be influenced from Cypriot tradition and cuisine and will satisfy all dietary requirements.
-Participants over 18 years old with experience or interest in the topic
Greece, Italy, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Spain, Portugal
The travel costs are being reimbursed after the Training Course ends and all participants’ responsibilities are complete. According to the Programme Guide, the final financial settlements will be based on the distance from the city from where the participant left to the city where the activity takes place – Lefkara,Larnaca,Cyprus up to the budget set by the project. The reimbursement will be done based on real travel costs, up to limit set by the European Commission, according to the distance done by the participant. The travel budget goes as follow: •Bulgaria → 275 EU
None of us would like to have problems with travel tickets and reimbursements. Due that fact, all participants must contact the project coordinator BEFORE buying tickets in order to get the confirmation that everything is all right with dates and flights and the tickets can be reimbursed. Just after that, the tickets must be bought. Any tickets bought without the coordinator’s agreement are not ensured to be reimbursed.
Contribution fee: 20 euro contribution has to be paid to the sending organization .
If you are interested in and would like to take part in please fill the from here :
Deadline: 20 January 2020