Title: Hate speech fighters
Dates: 5 – 11 December 2018
Place: Thessaloniki, Greece
Youth unemployment has a profound impact on individuals, society and the economy. The criticality and vulnerability of the youth situation in the labor market is both a great untapped resource that Europe cannot afford to squander, is a social crisis that needs to be remedied. Unless current trends are reversed quickly, the levels of today risk youth unemployment can harm job prospects for young people with long-term, with serious implications for the future growth and social cohesion.
With the Europe 2020 Strategy, the European Commission has stated the need to invest in young people to overcome the economic crisis that afflicts many European countries for years, fill the gaps in our economic system and create a model of smart, sustainable and inclusive. Young people are, therefore, the key to a dynamic and prosperous Europe. With the tools in place and the proposed initiatives (Youth on the Move, Youth Guarantee, Erasmus plus) their talents, their energy and their creativity will help Europe to grow and become more competitive, thus exiting the economic and financial crisis.
The project aims to create and stimulate future collaborations between the participants and build a solid and lasting network of European partnerships enabling them to develop common projects around the theme of employability and youth participation. It will take place in Thessaloniki, Greece and will last 7 days (including arrival & departure day). The working methods used will be varied and interactive in order to ensure a balance between theory and practice.
A series of dissemination activities will take place in order to ensure that the outcomes of the project will not be restricted only to the participants and their organizations, but will also be shared with relevant institutions involved in entrepreneurship and youth participation or other organizations that would like to join or cooperate with the established network
– To develop youth international mobility projects focusing on entrepreneurship and/or employability;
– To explore, exchange and discuss different ways how an international mobility project can contribute to employability and entrepreneurship;
– To Share and explore ideas, experience and areas of common interest in the intercultural settings;
– To establish new partnerships that aim to promote the implementation of youth projects in Partner countries;
– To understand EU’s current programme for youth “Erasmus +” that has been launched from the beginning of 2014 and will last till 2020.
- Youth workers, leaders, coordinator, NGO representative
- Youth workers, leaders, coordinator, NGO representative having experience or knowledge in the field
- Be able to communicate in English
- All participants must be over 18 years old
- All participants must be currently residing in the country they will represent and be able to prove it if needed with documents
- They are NOT on European Voluntary Service (EVS) at the moment of the activity
Website of the hotel: http://www.egnatia-hotel.gr/ ➔ Address of the hotel is: 16, Antigonidon Street, 546 30 Thessaloniki – Greece
If you are interested in and would like to take part in please fill the from here : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduhBmS5FXONO3QkCiLOLJMbSpc5SOT-8EbaLIc_vAZW1ulOg/viewform?c=0&w=1
Deadline: 18 November 2018