Title: United we stand against radicalization
Dates: 30 August – 08 September 2018
Place: Bansko, Bulgaria
The youth exchange “United we stand against radicalization” is a multilateral youth exchange that involves youth from 5 countries-United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Italy, Spain and Turkey. . The methodology to be used is entirely based on non-formal education approach and will boost the exchange between participants trough various tools such as role play, thetre, simulations, team and trust building games, creative presentations and discussions, etc. The need of the project lays on the fact that in last few years in Europe we observe increasing number of young people being drawn into extremist movements in their search for identity and a meaningful place in society. Profound feelings of injustice and frustration about their social exclusion are amongst the main root causes contributing to young people’s vulnerability, and increase their willingness to adhere to extremist, sometimes violent groups, which offer an apparent social purpose to them. Moreover, the refugee crisis from the last few years in Europe increased the number of far-right extremists groups and nationalist parties, creating environment for instability of the European values of human rights, diversity, tolerance and solidarity. Here comes the role of non-formal education-as a tool to raise awareness, inform and encourage European values thus reducing the risk of radicalism.
– Raising awareness of the issue of extremism and radicalization of young people and the role of young people in preventing them
– analyzing and realizing the key factors that can lead to the radicalization of young people such as discrimination, hate speech, xenophobia,
– to help young people understand the process of forced radicalization with different roots, causes, stages and effects, thus helping to reduce the risk of radicalization at European level
-understand and be aware of the role of social media as a channel for spreading the language of hate and extremist ideologies and promoting media literacy
– promoting a positive attitude, acceptance and understanding of ‘other and different’, and in particular refugees and migrants
– to help young people better understand what hate speech is and the link to extremism
– raising awareness among young people about extremism as a serious problem, as well as the serious consequences of radicalization for European society
– promoting the European values of democracy, respect for human rights, diversity, intercultural dialogue
- -Young people between 16-26 years old with no age limit for the leader
- -Motivated to participate in the project
- -They are NOT on European Voluntary Service (EVS) at the moment of the activity
Accommodation and transport:
The receiving organization will cover accommodation and meals for the duration of the project for the participants.
The transport for the Bulgarian participants will be their own contribution.
Each participant will have to contribute to the project with 20€ as a participation fee. The fee will contribute for the higher quality of the project and cover the extra costs for the project such as local trips, cultural events, etc.
If you are interested in and would like to take part in please fill the from here : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduhBmS5FXONO3QkCiLOLJMbSpc5SOT-8EbaLIc_vAZW1ulOg/viewform?c=0&w=1
Deadline: 15 August 2018